Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Bunny Trail

     After I got that novel out of my system, I set my writing aside and didn’t give it another thought for several years. My daydreams found an outlet in theater.

     I participated in about 15 plays, joined a drama troupe, worked with puppets and traveled to Europe in my acting days. I took getting into character very seriously.

     Developing a character for theater wasn’t all that different than developing a character for a story. I wrote them all back stories and focused on creating powerful motivations and stakes to move the character on her journey.

     Theater became my passion. It made me feel like I was a part of something larger than myself. There was always a camaraderie among the cast that I couldn’t seem to find in my regular life.

No comments:

Post a Comment