Friday, March 18, 2011

Black Moment and Epiphany

     I met my husband when I was 18. We were young and impulsive and got married too fast. My new husband wasn’t all that enthused about my acting dreams and moving to New York wasn’t on his agenda. I had a baby, then another.
    

     Between all the bitterness I was harboring about my surrendered dreams and the post-partum hormones, I went into a downward spiral. Dark depression held me captive for several months. Although I loved my baby girls, I had lost my zeal for life.

     The turning point came when I hit rock bottom. Finally I turned to God and cried out for help. I thought that my only talent, my only outlet to serve God, had been stolen away from me. I didn’t think I had anything to offer Him, anything He could use. And he answered me in a way I never expected. God said, "I’ll use your daydreams if you’ll let me. Just write your stories down."

No comments:

Post a Comment